Monday, October 02, 2006

For Ingrid

I was thrilled by a piece of information I stumbled upon (today) while doing a related search. Ingrid Bergman and I were born on the same day – 29th August. This discovery has brought a lot of joy to me and (I) now feel immensely connected to her. I must admit I have been mesmerized by Ingrid's beauty ever since I first saw her in the movie Casablanca.
Beauty can be, oh so inspiring. It has inspired some of the greatest works of art – the poems of Shelley, the sonnets of Bryson, the romance (and the tragedies) of Shakespeare,the songs of Dylan and the list can go on and on. Beautiful women have always been the central figures in the most famous pieces of literature, music and all other forms of art. Ingrid Bergman, to me, is the most beautiful woman to have ever graced planet earth.
To this day, I can’t forgive her for what she did to Rick (Humphrey Bogart) towards the the end of the movie. That was such a selfless and yet so selfish an act. This grudge however has never come in my way of admiration for her. Her real life was far from perfect. Wish it had been perfect though. If there is anyone who deserved to have lived a perfect life, it was she. The stillness on her face, the longing in her eyes, the quiet smile on her lips, the graceful manner in which she spoke… Can I not just go on and on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

belated birthday wishes?

Dunbar.

Anonymous said...

I see the Bergman passion continues :)